class="story-body__introduction">The Turkish government has sacked almost 4,000 more public officials in what appears to be the latest purge related to a failed coup last July, BBC report.They include more than 1,000 justice ministry workers, a similar number of army staff and more than 100 air force pilots, officials said. In a separate decree, Turkey banned TV dating shows - a move previously mooted by the government. Earlier on Saturday, Turkey blocked the online encyclopaedia Wikipedia. The latest sackings follow the suspension of more than 9,000 police officers and the arrest of 1,000 more last Wednesday on suspicion of having links to the US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan accuses Mr Gulen of instigating last year's coup attempt, a charge the cleric denies. The government said in its Official Gazette that all those sacked were suspected of links to "terrorist organisations and structures presenting a threat to national security". Mr Erdogan narrowly won a controversial 16 April referendum on increasing his powers. Opponents fear the vote, which has divided Turkey, brings him closer to authoritarian rule.
Turkey sacks 4,000 more officials over coup-bid crackdown